Wednesday, April 05, 2006

me blog pretty one day

I'm envious of people who are good with computers.

I'm especially jealous of people who can design websites.

I'm disproportionately resentful towards people who are so flash-savvy they can create a personal blog that looks more like a work of art.

Lawrie Malen's site has a tutorial for those who are interested in spiffing up their online image with flash. You'd think this is a nice gesture until you read the rather acerbic introduction:
so, you want to blog in flash, eh?

if you're here then you have, for whatever reason, decided you want to design your blog in flash. while i appreciate your choice, i must warn you that at least one of the following is required:

1: a copy of flash mx.
2: more spare time and patience than a kindly old man with four packs of cards, willing to spend every evening for the rest of his life playing big-picture solitaire.
3: a full head of hair (for tearing out).
4: and some experience with actionscript would be nice.
Talk about encouraging. Until that time when I can profess to having even one of those items, I'll resign myself to the un-chic and merely-mortal world of Blogger templates.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sasuga Emmy, you have been so consistent with your blog entries, sugoi. you have almost inspired me to start my own blog. keep updating Emmychan so I can be amused while I proscrastinate.

April 06, 2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

Blog-Virgin? I haven't heard that one before :)

I'm going to link you from my blog . . . I hope you can handle the serious traffic that generates.

April 06, 2006 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home