Sunday, June 04, 2006

stressed.

Man. This whole being-a-real-person thing is stressful. The Boyfriend visited an apartment for me in Capitol Hill (I was there over Memorial Day weekend and didn't get to see the interiors of many buildings) and I'm all set to do an application and get things rolling. But it's the weekend, and clearly the managers have a life and aren't going to reply to my voicemail or email until Monday. I just have to be patient... but it's so hard! And doing this all from overseas makes everything that much more stressful.

Not only that, but I wonder what the hell is going on with my credit report. I only got my American Express credit card (yay Starwood points!) two months ago and have so far made two timely payments... but other than that, I'm not quite sure what's going on with it. Do managers of apartment buildings actually go and look at these reports? Will they hold it against me that I've been using a debit card since getting to the U.S.? What about the utilities bills we forgot to pay earlier this spring? Does paying rent on the 2nd when it's due on the 1st of each month constitute a "late payment"? Man. All the reasons for why I won't get this apartment swirl through my head and all I can think is--but I'd love to live there! I'll have a steady source of income and pay rent and utilities on time! I won't have a dog that barks through the night or a cat that pees everywhere and I certainly won't have sketchy people over! I play music softly and take short showers! I'm super neat, obsessively clean and don't smoke, do drugs, or drink heavily! I am, in summary, an ideal tenant! Please! Just let me sign the lease!!! *Beats head against wall in frustration*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home