Thursday, June 01, 2006

Women's health under siege

"As a physician, I can no longer trust government sources...I no longer trust FDA decisions or materials generated [by the government]. Ten years ago, I would not have had to scrutinize government information. Now I don't feel comfortable giving it to my patients."
Dr. Ruth Shaber, M.D. of Kaiser Permanente
I found this article on Liz Rizzo's blog, and it is a truly disturbing read. So many of the healthcare options women take for granted in the U.S. are being threatened by the moral agenda of Christian conservatives, including:
Access to emergency contraception
Rape treatment
Accurate health information
Accurate sexual-health programs, especially for teens
Even if you "can't imagine how these lies could possibility have an impact' on your life; even if you "can't believe there would be a time when these things would be outlawed"; read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home