Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hybridized Spaces

Jory over at Pause has a very insightful piece about blogging, in which she writes:
Blogging helped me identify others in "hybridized spaces" and to build my own hybridized space.
So true. A blog can be anything an individual wants it to be; a beautiful bastard child of talents and interests, quirks and charms. This summer while I'm home in Tokyo, I'm hoping to upgrade this blog so that it can better reflect what I want my online space to be. I'd like to build a comprehensive travel guide for downtown Tokyo on a budget (and I mean a serious budget, like college student-sized), write more about East Asian politics, and Sino-Japanese relations in particular; write book reviews; chronicle my travels with McKinsey... there's a potential for a lot of expansion, and I figure this summer will be the opportune time to do it. Plus, I'm planning on truly getting inspired by going to the BlogHer conference in July. (Thanks to the boyfriend for indulging me by stopping by in San Juan for two days on our road trip so that I can get in touch with my rapidly-enlarging inner nerd.)

In short, please stay tuned! Change is afoot in this tiny corner of the web.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You nerd! Hahahaha demo aishiteruwa baybee! Tanoshimi to be able to keep track of your thoughts, travels and your life ne! Watashi wa seikakuteki ni blog toka wa mame ni update shinasasou dawa...ahaha!

May 17, 2006 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home