Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Seattle: Smart. Washington: Ridiculous.

Wanting to know more about my soon-to-be-new home in Seattle, Washington, I started googling and poking around in the city's blogosphere. (By the way, I think "blogosphere" could be one of the most fun words to pronounce out loud. Go ahead, try it. Fun, right? And can't you just feel the Internet-savvy Generation X futuristic jargon fumes oozing from your pores now?)

My two discoveries of note were:

1) A post on Seattle Bubble highlighting the eminent intellectual faculties of the Seattle population: "Seattle, a new analysis shows, is on the top of the educated citizen heap." I knew there was a reason why I wanted to live there besides the great seafood, coffee, (relative) proximity to Japan, weather, the best Japanese supermarket in the country, and oh did I mention seafood? Apparently I'll also be able to enjoy stimulating conversations with anyone at any one of the hundreds of coffee shops and be blown away by the size of their brains. Awesome.

2) The state of Washington has the most ridiculous tourism slogan ever.

Finally, to all of my friends here at Yale who will be moving out to the Emerald City with me in the near future (shout out to Josh who's already there!), take a look at our beautiful new home. I'm so pumped!

1 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

That's what it really looks like! There days where you can literally stand in one place and spin in a circle, and you'll see mountains in every direction.

Amazing!

April 12, 2006 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home